The 2010 CrossFit Games
The ultimate proving grounds of the world’s fittest athletes.
July 16-18, 2010 • Carson, CA
The Home Depot Center Sports Complex
Select a 2010 CrossFit Games event
United States Qualifiers
Southwest Regional Events and Schedule Announced
Finally it's here!
The following message comes from Steve Serrano, organizer of the Southwest Regional Qualifier.
We are looking forward to seeing friends from throughout the region, as the Southwest Regional Qualifier events get under way on Friday, May 7th, at CrossFit Ethos and the University of California Irvine. Our great hosts and outstanding sponsors have come together to make this venue and this competition an incredible weekend.
None of this would be possible without the tireless work of over one hundred and fifty incredible volunteers and staff. We thank them all for their work.
Now for the fun...
- Both Individual and Team events are listed in their order of staging: two scheduled workouts on Saturday, one on Sunday.
- Sunday workouts will be posted on Saturday night.
- There will be a third “floater” workout for individual athletes on Saturday. You will sign up for that workout on Friday when you check in. It will be announced at the check in venue.
Event #1 On the grass throwing field outside the stadium – Vista Field
- The athlete flips a tire (large truck tires / smaller tires for women) approx. 75m, from behind a start line or cone to beyond a destination line or cone.
- Runs back to the start point.
- Then a log carry (10’ x 8” – approx. 85# - men; 7’ x 7” – approx. 65# women) from behind start cone so the entire log is past the destination cone. if any part of the log hits the ground the athlete must stop completely and re-shoulder the log before continuing.
- Then flip the tire back to start point, passing the start cone.
- Run back to the log and then return it, carrying it until the entire log is past the start cone.
- At all times during the log carry, it must be held above the shoulder.
Event #2 Held on the grass outside the track – Crawford Field
5 Rounds for time:
5 Muscle-ups Men / 2 Women
10 Power Cleans 135# / 85 #
200m Run – around a barrier.
Floater Workout – On the Basketball Courts. (Announced when the athletes register on Friday 5-7-10)
To be completed on Saturday, based on a time the athlete signs up for at check in:
- The athlete will have 7 minutes to complete a number of repetitions of two movements for the fastest time.
- If an athlete does not complete the event on Saturday he/she will receive a DNF and be disqualified.
Event #1 On the grass outside the track – Crawford Field
A relay involving three stages.
- The first member of the team does a shuttle run to 10 yd, then 20 yd line/cones, then to 100m (If the ground is not touched with one hand completely beyond the line he/she will have to return and touch the ground completely past the cone/line.), to a set of 50# (m) or 30# (w) DB’s at the 100yd line.
- The first member does 30 DB Thrusters then runs back and touches the second athlete who starts the shuttle run to the DB’s.
- The first athlete then does 15 (m) or 10 (w) ring dips, sits down and is finished.
- The team continues with each returning member touching/starting the next member before the leading member does his or her ring dips to finish.
- The clock stops when the last team member finishes his/her dips (the last team member runs straight to the rings from the DB Thrusters, not to the start line).
Event #2 Held in the track/stadium.
Teams begin on the track in the start positions for a 400m relay race.
- Each team member runs a 100m leg, passing one baton.
- The final leg runner runs his 100m, then runs a full lap, picking up his team members as he goes.
- Once all collected, the team completes another 400m lap from the original start point, together.
- First team finishing the run gets the pick of the work areas along the side of the track in front of the bleachers. Then only two members at a time work, doing the following:
- 250 One Arm DB Power Snatches – any member completes as many as they want with a 50 pound or 30 pound dumbbell. The leading edge of the DB touches the deck each rep, finish position is with the arm locked out overhead and the feet inside of 24” wide lines taped on the deck, each rep.
- 500 Double-Unders. When all reps are complete, the team runs together around the track in the same direction and lane they initially ran in, to a pull up bar complex where, one at a time, they complete a team total of 125 Pull-ups (chin over the bar). Their clock stops when the last pull up rep is done.
Schedule Of Events and Important Consideration
Most importantly: If you don't have an event wrist band you'll be directed to registration. No one without the appropriate wrist band will be allowed in the athletic complex area.
Map link to CrossFit Ethos, 23001 Del Lago Drive
Suite B-2, Laguna Hills, CA
Map link to CrossFit Next Level Performance, 22661 Lambert Street
Lake Forest, CA
Map link to Mesa Parking Structure, UC Irvine (for our event).
Schedule of events Friday 7 May
1000 - Volunteers arrive at CF Ethos
1100 - 1230 - Masters athletes check in at CF Ethos
1130 - Masters' Judges arrive at CF Ethos
1300 - 1500 Masters Workout #1 heats run at CF Ethos
1330 - Volunteers for Registration arrive at both CF NLP and CF Ethos
1400 - 2000 Team Check In at CF Next Level Performance
1400 - 2000 Individual Check In at CF Ethos
1600 - 1800 Masters Workout #2 heats begin at CF Ethos
1800 - 2000 Saturday/Sunday Judges and Lead Volunteers meet at CF Ethos
Saturday 8 May
0600 - Volunteer Check in at Crawford Field, UC Irvine
0630 - Judges check into their work assignments.
0700 - 0800 Remaining unregistered athletes check in on site.
0700 - Begin spectator/guest check in.
0730 - Welcome brief. National anthem.
0750 - First workout check in begins for Masters (Stadium - this is their last workout), Individuals (Vista Field) and Teams (Crawford Field)
0800 1st Heat begins.Approx. 1025 Masters workouts end.
Approx. 1140 Team and Individual first workout ends
1320 - Second workout check in begins
1330 - Second workout begins for Individuals (Crawford Field) and Teams (Stadium).
Approx. 1630 - Individual workouts end
Approx. 1800 - Team workouts end.
Sunday 9 May
0700 - Volunteer check in
0750 - Team heat check ins begin
0800 - Team workout heats begin
1050 - Individual heat check in begins
1100 - Individual workout heats begin
Approx. 1225 - Team workouts end
Approx. 1530 - Individual Finals end.
Approx. 1630 - Awards / Close
Follow the event in real time with the Southwest Regional live webcast!