The 2010 CrossFit Games
The ultimate proving grounds of the world’s fittest athletes.
July 16-18, 2010 • Carson, CA
The Home Depot Center Sports Complex
Select a 2010 CrossFit Games event
United States Qualifiers
Enormous worldwide turnout has grown the sport of fitness
A huge congratulations to all of the athletes who competed in worldwide sectional competition in the past weeks! For some, the Sectionals were the first go at a CrossFit competition of any kind. For others, they were the opportunity to demonstrate that a new class of athletes are here to make their mark on the sport of fitness.
Here are some statistics from the first round of qualifying events:
* 4,507 athletes participated in 32 sectional qualifiers across the globe from Los Angeles to Sydney. This broke down into 3,151 men and 1,356 women.
* Of these, 3,365 were in the United States (765 in California alone).
* Canada had 466 athletes, while there were 370 in Australia/NZ, and 187 in Europe.
* Just over 1,200 of these athletes qualified to compete in the Regionals, where they will take on the majority of the 150 2009 Games competitors (who will compete in their home Regions).
* Only 90 individual athletes (45 men and 45 women) will make it through Regionals and compete against the top five athletes from the 09 Games for the title of World's Fittest Man and Woman in July.
We're proud not just of the amazing athletic performances, but also of the spirit of competition and camaraderie that are essential to CrossFit. Congrats on all the PRs and on all the victories both internal and external!
The Regionals begin on April 30th. The top athletes from each Sectional will take on the prequalified athletes from the 09 Games. The stakes are higher, the events will be tougher, and the margins for error will be smaller. From thousands of athletes, we'll now move toward the dozens who will arrive on the ultimate stage for determining the World's Fittest.