The 2010 CrossFit Games
The ultimate proving grounds of the world’s fittest athletes.
July 16-18, 2010 • Carson, CA
The Home Depot Center Sports Complex
Select a 2010 CrossFit Games event
United States Qualifiers
SoCal Sectional WODs 1 & 2 Announced
Workout 1 "Stadium Chipper"
This WOD is "for time." You will be starting at field level, and will be running through a zig-zag course up and down the stadium steps a total of 3 times up and 3 times down. At each landing (top and bottom for a total of 6), you will be required to perform a certain number of reps of a movement. Your time is based on your cumulative time from the start to the finish line.
- Run 100m from start (on the field) to bumper plates
- Pick up a bumper plate (45#/25#)
- Run up 83 steps (to the top of the stadium) with your bumper plate (45#/25#)
- 70 Squats (holding the plate, drop the plate and start at zero)
- Run down 83 steps, drop your plate
- 35 Push Press (45#/33#)
- Run up 83 steps (no plate)
- 15 Thrusters (135#/95#)
- Run down 83 steps (no plate)
- 35 Burpees
- Run up 83 steps
- 35 Wall Ball (10' - 20/14lbs)
- Run down 83 steps
- 70 Double Unders
- Run 100m to the finish line
Workout 2 "Double Down"
Overview: This WOD actually consists of two short workouts. You will start the second workout exactly 20 minutes after you start the first one, so your rest is determined by the time it takes you to finish the first workout. Your score for this event is the combined times of both workouts, and based on this time, you will be ranked from fastest to slowest.
4 Rounds for time of:
9 Squat Cleans (135/95lbs)
6 Handstand Push-ups
30 Hang Squat Snatches (75/43lbs)
30 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
For more updates on to SoCal sectional, keep an eye on CrossFit LA's website.