The 2010 CrossFit Games
The ultimate proving grounds of the world’s fittest athletes.
July 16-18, 2010 • Carson, CA
The Home Depot Center Sports Complex
Select a 2010 CrossFit Games event
United States Qualifiers
San Diego/Arizona Sectional Workouts, Standards, Scoring and Scaling
Updated workouts, standards, and logistics for this weekend.
Three rounds for time of (25 min cap):
15 Deadlifts (224/153lbs)
21 Kettlebell Swings (32/24kg)
Run 350 Meters
* Deadlift: From ground to legs and hips extended with shoulders behind bar. Touch and go at the bottom is OK. Dropping from the top is OK.
* Kettlebell Swings: Both forearms must touch the legs at the bottom. Arms must be strait and some portion of the ear must be in front of of the arms when viewed from the side at the top. At the top the hips and knees must be fully extended.
Seven rounds for time of (25 min cap):
7 Power Snatch (94/63lbs)
* Power Snatch: From ground to overhead in one movement. The bar can not stop on the body above the waist. Pressing the rep out at the top is OK. The movement is complete when arms hips and legs are fully extended and some portion of the ear is in front of of the arms when viewed from the side.
* Double-unders: Only reps where the rope passes below the feet twice in one jump will count. A standard rope will be provided that can be adjusted to the height of the competitor. Competitors will not be allowed to use their own rope.
3 Times up Flying Pull-Up Bars
Handstand Push-ups (21 Men/10 Women)
50 Box Jumps (24 inches)
30 Goblet Squats (32/24kg)
150 meter Heavy Bag Carry (80/45lbs)
20 Squat Clean Thrusters (134/93lbs)
Run 250 Meters
20 Shoulders-to-Overhead (50/30lb Dumbbells)
Push-ups (40 Men/20 Women)
Run 250 Meters
50 Pull-ups (chin over the bar)
* Flying Pull-Ups: Both hands start at the bottom, both hands must touch the top and both hands must return to the bottom for the rep to count. Use of feet is not allowed.
* Handstand push-ups: Maximum width will be measured for each competitor based on forearm length and hand width. Some part of the head must touch the ground each rep and the arms must be fully extended each rep. The feet must be on the wall at the top of the rep for it to count. Feet must also be inside maximum hand width measurements during the rep. Kipping is not allowed.
* Box Jumps: Both feet must leave the ground at the same time and land on the box at the same time. Athlete must fully extend hips and knees either on or above the box.
* Goblet Squats: The ball portion of the kettlebell must be held to the chest with at least part of it above the collar bones. The crease made by the legs and abdomen must be below the top of the kneecap each rep and the legs and hips must fully extend each rep.
* Heavy bag carry: Bag must be carried, not dragged or thrown, the full distance of the course.
* Squat Clean Thusters: Each rep must start on the ground. The athlete must do full a squat and finish with the bar overhead with the arms locked out and ears in front of the arms. The athlete must perform a thruster where there is one movement from the bottom of the squat to overhead. Clean and Jerk or Press will not be allowed.
* Burpees: During each rep, the athlete must lie down on the ground and must be vertical and clap their hands overhead while in the air. Some portion of the ear must be visible in front of the arms while clapping in the air when viewed from the side.
* Shoulders-to-Overhead with Dumbbells: 2 dumbbells will be used per competitor. Each rep must start with the weight on the shoulders and finish with the arms locked out overhead and some part of the ear visible in front o the arms when view from the side.
* Push-ups: During each rep some portion of the athletes sternum must touch the indicator button between the sternal notch and the xyphoid process, and the arms must be fully extended at the top with the hands off of the ground. Body must be strait throughout the movement with only toes and hands on the ground other than at the bottom.
* Squats: The crease made by the legs and abdomen must be below the top of the kneecap each rep and the legs and hips must fully extend each rep.
* Pull-ups: The arms must fully extend at the bottom and the chin must be over the bar at the top.
Each competitor will receive the number of points that matches their place in each event. Overall place in the competition will be determined by adding the total points of each competitor with the lowest score being better.
Handstand Push-up Scaling:
We will use the same mechanism for scaling handstand push-ups that was used in the SoCal Sectional. Any athlete that scales the handstand push-ups in Workout 3 will finish lower in the Workout 3 ranking than anyone who completes the handstand push-ups as prescribed. If an athlete gets to a point where handstand push-ups become impossible, they can hit the ground and yell “Tap Out”. Their judge will then record the number of handstand push-ups that the athlete completed as prescribed on the score card. They will then be allowed to complete the set by doing pushups (Chest to the ground, full extension at the top with the hands leaving the ground). That athlete will place behind the athletes that were able to complete the handstand pushups as prescribed, no matter what their total time. Their score then becomes the number of handstand push-ups that they completed. If another athlete completed the same number of handstand push-ups, the total time for the chipper is the tie breaker.
Athlete A completes the workout as prescribed in 30 minutes.
Athlete B completes the workout in 24 minutes, but can only do 7
Athlete C completes the workout in 18 minutes, but could not do any
Athlete D completes the workout in 20 minutes, but can only do 7
The ranking for the 4 athletes above for this event would be as follows:
1st place: Athlete A
2nd place: Athlete D
3rd place: Athlete B
4th place: Athlete C
None of the athletes above would be disqualified and the failure to complete the workout as prescribed only affects the ranking in that event. The scores for the other events remain intact.
Any athlete that fails to finish any workout in the allotted time will finish lower in the overall ranking than anyone who finishes all three workouts. As is the case with scaling, not finishing a workout is not grounds for automatic disqualification.
CrossFit SoCal will be open from 4:30 AM until 7:30 PM Thursday and Friday for people to try out the equipment such as jump-ropes and try exercises such as flying pull-ups.
There will be food available from several restaurants and sponsors inside of the venue. There are several other restaurants within a few blocks. Starbucks is 2 blocks away and the Coffee Bean is 3 blocks away.
Athletes and spectators are allowed to bring food and drinks into the venue, but please do not bring any alcoholic beverages to the event.
For the safety of the competitors, no pets will be allowed in the event.