The 2010 CrossFit Games
The ultimate proving grounds of the world’s fittest athletes.
July 16-18, 2010 • Carson, CA
The Home Depot Center Sports Complex
Select a 2010 CrossFit Games event
United States Qualifiers
Central Canada Sectional Workouts Announced
Prepare to meet the Canadian Crippler.
Athletes converge on Edmonton this weekend to battle it out and determine who will represent Central Canada in Regional Competition. Here's a look at the schedule of events.
3 Rep Max Overhead squat (20 min heats)
* Squat must begin standing with the bar locked out over head
* The crease of the hip must dip clearly below the top of the knee
* The individual must stand the bar up 3 consecutive times showing control in the third rep at the top before unloading.
Each station with host 5 athletes per heat. Each station will have 3 judges/volunteers (1 movement judge and 2 plate loaders).
The athletes will be called to the rack in a preset order and perform 1 of 3 attempts for a 3 rep max weight. The athlete will tell the plate loaders the desired weight and once loaded attempt the set. The Athletes will cycle through in the preset order until all athletes have completed 3 attempts. The athletes are allowed only three attempts. A failed attempt will count as a score of 0 weights lifted for that attempt. No resets, once the bar has been removed from the rack, the lifter cannot return or jettison the bar until 3 successful reps have been completed otherwise it’s a failed attempt. If a rep is missed i.e., not deep enough or not stood up completely, the lifter can continue to work until 3 reps are judged successful.
7 Minutes of Thrusters for max reps (95/65lbs)
* The athlete must squat first with the crease of the hip clearly below the top of the knee and then drive the bar over head into the locked out position with the arms straight and the ear partially or completely showing to the front of the arm from the profile.
* If the bar is dropped at any point the next rep has to be taken from the ground and not caught off a bounce.
Each heat will accommodate 10 male athletes and 10 female athletes. Each athlete will have a judge assigned to them. The athletes will stand in front of the bar with out touching it until the command is given to start. On the “GO” the athlete may grab the bar and bring it to the shoulders. The first rep is counted when the athlete first squats below parallel and drives it over head into full lock out; a squat clean to thruster is legitimate. Each rep will be counted at the top of the movement as long as its preceded by a full squat. A rep will not count if it is picked up from the ground via power clean and then push pressed over head. You must squat first, and then drive it over head for a rep. The athletes must stay within the designated area for their station.
5 Rounds for time of (15 min cap):
5 Power Cleans (155/105lbs)
* Power clean - The bar must be lifted from the ground to the shoulders for each rep.
When receiving the bar to the shoulders the athlete must complete full hip and knee extension before lowering the bar regardless how deep the power clean was received.
* Burpee - The movement is initiated with the dropping into a push-up and lowering until the thighs and chest touch the ground completely. The movement is reversed and the individual must jump vertically with the arms extended fully over head. The ear must be clearly visible in front of the arms.
* 200m Run - You must enter and exit the track via pylons associated to your station.
There will be 10 male stations set up on the north side of the track spanning the distance of the straight away. 10 female stations will be set up on the opposite side of the track. The athletes will start standing in front of their barbells and on the 3,2,1, GO they will complete the work out adhering to the movement standards.
Event 4 “Canadian Crippler”
For time (22 min cap):
30 Chest to bar Pull-ups
15 Deadlifts (225/155lbs)
15 Push Press or Jerk (135/85lbs)
15 Front squat (135/85lbs)
15 Deadlifts (225/155lbs)
30 Chest to bar Pull-ups
* Pull-up - Arms must be fully extended at the bottom. The chest must come in contact with the bar at the top.
* Deadlift - The bar must start touching the ground each rep. The athlete must stand up with hips and knees extended.
* 400m Run - Athletes must exit and enter the track via the specified gaits
* Push ups - You must touch your chest and thighs to the ground. You must achieve full extension at the top. The hips and chest must move in an aligned position.
* Push Press or Jerk - The bar must start from the shoulders. The bar must finish locked out with the hips and knees extended
* Squat - The crease of the hip must clearly dip below the top of the knees. The hips and knees must fully extend at the top.
* Front squat - The bar must be cleaned from the ground to the shoulders. The crease of the hip must dip clearly below the top of the knee. The hips and knees must be fully extended at the top
16 Athletes will accommodate each heat. The pull-ups will be executed on the mezzanine and then the athletes will have to move down to the field house floor and reach their designated station. For the run the athletes must exit and enter the track through pylons assigned to their station. After the second set of deadlifts the athletes must return to the mezzanine and finished at their assigned station.